Tips on how to convince your spouse you need plastic surgery Randy Wong, MD on 09 Oct 2018
The decision to have plastic surgery is not an easy one. The images on television and other media make us believe that everyone is supportive when a woman decides to enhance her appearance. That is not always true.
The reasons for plastic surgery are different from one woman to the next. The opposition they face varies as well. The following 5 tips may help you ease into the conversation more confidently.
1. Be certain you want Honolulu breast implants for you. Not to try and please someone else. There are many reasons women opt for surgical enhancements. Prior to making the investment, make a firm decision. Research your options and ask yourself some questions.
• Do I want breast augmentation in Honolulu to compete with younger women?
• Will a mommy makeover in Honolulu change the way I view myself?
• Am I trying to prove my worth to my spouse, or display the worth I already feel for myself?
2. Understand the caregiver role that you will put on your spouse. Coming home from surgery will require assistance from those around you. If you have children, the daily activities will have to fall to your spouse until you are healed enough to resume them.
• Who will take you to all the appointments?
• Who will help you with bathing and other personal care needs?
3. Be completely honest with your spouse. Tell them the reason you feel this way about your appearance. You may not have told anyone about the “scars” you carry. Treat your spouse as a best friend, that you can tell anything, then do it. They will probably say that you don’t need Honolulu breast implants because they think you’re beautiful the way you are. Unconditional love is a wonderful thing, but it does not change the way you see yourself. If a mommy makeover in Honolulu will help you feel on outside just how awesome you feel on the inside, tell them.
4. Have a financial plan already prepared. When a business approaches a bank for a loan, they put together a business plan. Create a life business plan. Know the cost and itemize it. Once you get those breast implants Honolulu you may need a new wardrobe, primarily undergarments. Think logically, give your spouse the plan in black and white, it might help win them over and show just how much thought you’ve put into it.
5. Explain your need for their support. People like to feel needed. Invite them to go to a consultation with you. Allow them to become a part of the process. They may not feel insecure about it if they are a deciding factor on the details.
Breast augmentation in Honolulu or a mommy makeover in Honolulu is ultimately your decision. Your decision affects those who are closest to you. Having them on board can help make your experience that much more comfortable. Afterwards, you and your spouse may feel even closer.
Click HERE for more information on Honolulu breast implants or other plastic surgery in Honolulu, or call Dr. Wong of the Honolulu Plastic Surgery Center at (828) 725-2114.
Latest posts by Randy Wong, MD (see all)
- Is Having a Breast Augmentation Bad for your Health? - July 10, 2019
- Gorgeous Styles Guaranteed to Accentuate Your New Breast Augmentation - February 11, 2019
- Is It Worth Traveling for the Right Plastic Surgeon? - January 24, 2019