Menu
 

Honolulu Plastic Surgery Center

Is Having a Breast Augmentation Bad for your Health? Contact Us
(808) 725-2114
 

Is Having a Breast Augmentation Bad for your Health? Randy Wong, MD on 10 Jul 2019

breast augmentation honolulu

Imagine if you had breast implants for about three years. But in the last few years, you’ve noticed that you have antinuclear antibodies (ANAs) that lead to other health problems such as abnormal blood levels. You’re concerned about the symptoms that you’re experiencing such as bruising, itching, joint pain, and the struggle to move your arms. Are your breast implants causing this problem?

If you’re interested in breast augmentation Honolulu, then you need to be aware of the complications, risks, and symptoms associated with this procedure. Just like with any other surgery, breast augmentation surgery is something you should seriously consider if you feel you need it. Most women seek breast implants because they’re not happy with the appearance or shape of their breasts.

Breast augmentation Hawaii surgery is the most popular plastic surgery procedure. There have been over 290,000 procedures alone in 2016. This procedure has become mainstream thanks to countless celebrities who have gone under the knife. In addition, silicone breast implants have made up for 84% of procedures while the remaining 16% were saline breast implants.

Silicone breast implants were approved by the FDA in 2005. This approval has been based on two to three years of research. There hasn’t been enough research done to prove that breast implants were safe. That didn’t stop implant manufacturers from not revealing the long-term effects of breast implants.

Saline breast implants have been connected to many health issues. Following a two-year procedure, patients reported symptoms such as fatigue, muscle and joint pain, and muscle weakness. Twenty percent of breast augmentation surgeries require a follow-up surgery three years after the first one. This follow-up surgery is to correct the complications associated with the previous surgery.

Common complications from Honolulu breast augmentation surgery include hematoma, infection, loss of breast sensation, and scar tissue that cause pain or misshapen breasts. There are also mystery medical conditions that stem from breast augmentation surgery. Women with breast implants are often diagnosed with autoimmune disorders such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and scleroderma. But several studies have shown that implants are not connected to autoimmune disorders.
More long-term studies need to be conducted to prove that breast implants are related to autoimmune disorders. In addition, the National Women’s Health Network has revealed that there hasn’t been enough research done to prove that silicone breast implants are safe. If you’re considering breast augmentation Honolulu, then it’s important to find a certified and licensed plastic surgeon who has a track record with this procedure like Dr. Randy Wong, MD.

Randy Wong, MD

Randy Wong, MD

The origins of my desire to become a doctor are quite comical when you stop to think about. When I was a child I had to get a shot and due to the amount of squirming and shaking I did to avoid the needle, it broke off in my skin.
About the doctor
Randy Wong, MD

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *