Liposuction – A Guide to Primary Plastic Surgery in Honolulu Randy Wong, MD on 20 May 2016
Liposuction is one of the most popular forms of plastic surgery procedures; it can help you reduce your bulges and also give you a svelte and slim physique. It is frequently performed frequently on the back, abdomen, and buttocks, but this technique can also be used on other parts of the body.
When to go for Liposuction?
If you have been trying to shed extra fat through exercise, but have been unable to get rid of those embarrassing unattractive love handles or the flab on your arms or neck, you can use liposuction to make your body look better.
The process of liposuction can be performed on its own, or in combination with other procedures like breast reduction, face-lift, or tummy tucking. Most often, liposuction is a part of the combination of a number of procedures typically known as the mummy makeover. This usually includes tummy tuck and breast lift and is especially helpful for mothers looking to regain their pre-pregnancy body figures.
As a primary plastic surgery in Honolulu, the Honolulu Plastic Surgery Center provides liposuction services that include – but are not limited to – tummy tucks and breast augmentation. If you are looking for breast augmentation in Honolulu, you can consult them and their experts will guide you through the process. Tummy tuck in Honolulu is also available at the Honolulu Plastic Surgery Center./breast-augmentation-honolulu/
Types of Liposuction
There are different variations of liposuction available:
- Tumescent Liposuction: A large amount of wetting solution used in this procedure.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction: This procedure uses ultrasound techniques to emulsify the fat cells before they are removed.
- Water Assisted Liposuction: Pulsating jets of water remove dislodged fats in this technique. The fat cells removed this way remain intact and can be inserted into other parts of the body that may require more fat or augmentation.
- Laser Liposuction: Here, a laser is used to soften the fat cells and make them easy to remove. It also helps with collagen production, therefore tightening the skin and improving its overall appearance.
- Abdominal Etching: This procedure is used to create the appearance of a muscular six pack, by removing fat strips from specific areas.
There are risks associated with liposuction, just as with any other surgeries. They include infections, anesthesia complications, and bleeding. These risks can, however, be minimized if the procedure is done by a specialist and pre and post surgery care is taken by the patient.
Many things affect the liposuction recovery period. These include the number of treatments, the patient’s general health, the size and areas of treatment, and whether the liposuction was performed on its own or in combination with other procedures. It is very important that you follow the post surgery instructions to get the best results.
If you are looking for primary plastic surgery in Honolulu or need any advice on it, Dr. Randy Wong is the best option. You will leave satisfied with his advice and excited about the possible procedures.
Latest posts by Randy Wong, MD (see all)
- Gorgeous Styles Guaranteed to Accentuate Your New Breast Augmentation - February 11, 2019
- Is It Worth Traveling for the Right Plastic Surgeon? - January 24, 2019
- Should I Finish Having Kids Before Getting a Mommy Makeover? - December 11, 2018